Friday, March 2, 2012

Review: "Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash" by Dixie Cash

Title: Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash
Author: Dixie Cash
Publisher: Avon (HarperCollins), 2004

Salt Lick, Texas is one of those small towns where everyone knows everyone else's business. But that's never stopped Debbie Sue or Edwina from being their raucous selves. Debbie Sue owns and operates the Styling Station, a salon that used to be a gas station, and works alongside Edwina. When Pearl Ann Carruthers, richest woman this side of Texas, is found shot in the head in her car, business really picks up—after all, gossip is the main reason people go to the salon, and with Debbie Sue's ex-husband being the sheriff, they figure she's bound to know something. And with a $50,000 cash reward for anyone who produces the killer, Debbie Sue and Edwina are determined to find the culprit themselves. If only Debbie Sue's ex would stay out of their way...

If you like mysteries, sassy ladies and Western fiction, this is the series for you. I had remembered seeing it a bookstore years ago and thought it sounded good, so I finally went out and got a copy. I'm so glad I did.

Debbie Sue and Edwina are what you'd call pistols. They don't watch their language or deal with any bull. They go straight to the point, and love to have fun despite financial worries or problems with their love lives. Yeah, this is a mystery, but the reason I loved this book is the characters and the romance. Plus it's just downright funny.

If you need some lighthearted mystery/romance with a Western kick, this is just what you're looking for. Also, I just finished the second book in the series, titled My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great, and it's possibly even better. I can't wait to get the third and fourth from the library.

Disclosure: I bought this book from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails