Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

There are always those series that you start with the best of intentions to continue, but somehow other books come up first, or you're not in the mood, or whatever reason that keeps you from picking up the next one. Today's Top Ten Tuesday gives us all a chance to admit which series we've yet to finish.

1. The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness


I love these books very much, but I have yet to pick up the third book, Monsters of Men.

2. Divergent series by Veronica Roth


I just haven't gotten around to picking up Insurgent yet. But I am on the waiting list at the library!

3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis


I got as far as Voyage of the Dawn Treader and stopped about halfway through. I'm guessing someday I'll finish this, but maybe not sometime soon.

4. Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery


I got pretty far in this series, I think up to Anne of Ingleside, but not farther than that. I would really like to finish the series someday; I love Anne and her stories.

5. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan


There's a story behind this one. I started listening to this on CD two years ago, right around the time I got my car. When I tried to load the CDs into the player, somehow they got stuck—turns out my car doesn't like it when CDs have labels on them. To make matters worse this was a library book, so I had to get them out of there. I ended up taking it back to the dealer, who got them out for me. I have finally started listening to this first in the series again and am almost done.

6. The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud


I loved the first book in this series, which I read at the beginning of the summer this year. It's funny and full of magic and dynamic characters. I own the second one on my nook, but I have not yet had the chance to start it.

7. Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison


Hilarious books, I just never got around to reading the later sequels. I did quite enjoy her newest, Withering Tights, too.

8. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams


I don't know if the humor is just not for me, or if two books were enough, but I really have no desire to finish this. I feel like I read enough.

9. The Monstrumologist series by Rick Yancey


I won the first two books in the series in some giveaway and read the first one last Halloween. It is incredibly well written, with language that reminded me of Victorian literature. Plus it's horror at its best. It's so much a horror book that I'm having trouble picking up book two—I really have to psych myself up if I'm going to read another of these.

10. The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger


Great paranormal steampunk series. I borrowed book 2 from a friend two years ago. TWO YEARS. I'm sorry Krista! I'll get it back to you someday.

Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to add your top ten.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Divergent but I thought Insurgent was really bad.
    Interesting List :)
    Check out my list here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't finished a lot of these series. Confessions of Georgia Nicholson, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Kane Chronicles, and the Anne of Green Gable series are all ones I've never finished.

    Sorry to hear about your car CD player. At the library where I work, we stopped putting stickers on the CDs and DVDs, but all the older ones still have the labels on them :(

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails