Thursday, September 15, 2011

Here are some worthy causes that need some help.

Hi all.

As some of you know, I like to run on occasion. I am happy to say I've been able to sign up for a few races in the coming weeks, and I'm actually on a team for one of them (which is exciting; I've never done anything like this on a team before). The team one is called the Samaritans' 5K, taking place Oct. 1 this year. This is organized by the Samaritans, a group that works to prevent suicide in the Greater Boston area. Our team leader lost her mother to suicide 25 years ago, and every year she runs this race to raise money for the cause. I'm joining this year, and I'm hoping to raise a little bit of money as well.

If anyone would like to donate, please click here to get to our team page.

Since we're talking about fundraising, a church group I belong to is also trying to raise money, but for a different cause. We're trying to raise enough money to build a well somewhere that one is needed, a place where people have to travel miles to find any kind of water at all, let alone clean water. We need to raise $2,500 to build it, and we've got about $600 more to go. If you would like to donate to this cause, click here for that page. (By the way, I'm the one in the orange in that picture in case you were wondering.)

I know it's a lot to ask during such a tough economic time, and I don't expect anyone to donate, but I figured I would ask you all just in case someone is able and willing to give a little something to either or both of these causes. Thanks for reading! I'll be back to reviewing and bookish things soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails