Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: The House Hunt


Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner started this once-a-week feature on her blog, since she's getting married next summer, and as I'm also getting married in the near future (May), I'm piggy-backing off of her idea!

Sorry for the long absence folks. It's been a busy couple of weeks. Would you like to know why?

Steve and I are looking for a house.

Yes, that's right, we're on the house hunt. It's been very educational too, I might add. I never knew how many things could be wrong with a house. Like a tree being on top of one, for example. That actually happened; we went to see a house in Westford and when we got there, surprise! A tree must have come down in the hurricane. I don't think there was much if any damage, but still, not a great way to sell a house. Also, the house itself was a hideous shade of mint green and there were eight (eight!) computer monitors in the garage.

We saw some nice ones, but we haven't found "the one" yet. But we continue to look. For the record, we're looking in Westford and Chelmsford, MA, if any of you are familiar with that area. There are beaches in Westford! Who knew? Not me, but I'll take it.

Our realtor is very nice, too. She doesn't try to sugarcoat anything or diminish flaws, and we really like that about her.

I'm also learning a lot about what heating systems are most efficient, architectural types of houses, and measurements. I'm especially keen on getting a nice kitchen, but we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. CRAZY!!! I can't even think about THAT step lol. I'm too busy thinking about the wedding but we must get on that soon I suppose. We are still trying to figure out the basics...do we want to buy or rent..house or condo or apartment or townhouse? EEE!

    Anywho..I hope you guys find THE ONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure we will eventually. I'm hoping Westford because the school systems there are WAY better than Chelmsford, but we'll see! Steve had money saved to buy a house, and since it's a buyer's market right now, we decided to go for it. Good luck with your hunt when the time comes, let me know if you need any tips. For example, apparently winter is the best time to look for a house since everyone is looking for one in spring because of the school year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails