Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Late Wedding Wednesday: Bridesmaid Dresses!


Wedding Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner. She's planning her wedding, and so am I, so I'm taking part in this feature too!


Sorry I'm a day late; I completely forgot to post yesterday, since I was scrambling to get ready for my very first program (that I designed and led!) at the library. :)


Sooooo great news! We have our bridesmaid dresses!! After three shopping trips (first the one with everyone except my MOH, then just me and my MOH, then the first group again), we found it. Let me just say, the best thing I did was go just with Rachel when she came to visit me Columbus Day weekend. It was SO MUCH EASIER to find options with one person, let me tell you. What we did was pick three dresses, and then the rest of my BMs went on another trip with me to pick out of the three.


Here's what we picked, but not in this orange color (we got plum):




I am told it is also very comfortable. They won't be strapless either, we're going to put on spaghetti straps. I'm debating on whether they should have a shawl too—I'm afraid it's too much skin for a church. At least they will have the straps.


In other news, I need to call the guy I was going to use as my florist. Unfortunately he will be selling the business and might not be able to do the flowers for my wedding anymore; luckily I haven't given a deposit or anything, but I have to talk to him to see what's going on. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. My daughter just went through this. She actually picked out the dress, though. I really liked what you picked. Did you think about maybe a shrug for church? My daughter's dresses are strapless to, but we weren't going to add anything. I guess it just depends on the church. Good luck with the florist. Hopefully you have plenty of time to work that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annette! I was definitely part of the choosing process, but I wanted them to like it too. We were thinking about that shawl, since the one at the dress shop would be the same fabric/color as the dress. I'm afraid to get it somewhere else because of the difference in those two things. It's more for me than the church's rules; I don't think it's really appropriate for there to be a lot of skin showing on the altar.

    I think I'll have time for the florist, I just hope I can get as good a deal from someone else if it comes to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress! Not so much the color in the picture, but if I picture it in plum, it sounds beautiful :) I'd say go with the shawl if you feel they need to wear something extra in church, like you said, if it's different from the dress in fabril or color it can so easily ruin it!
    Good luck on finding another florist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Daisy! I would like to go with the shawl, but the one they sell is $70... so there's that. I don't know if I can ask them to spend that much more on a dress that was already pretty expensive (as far as dresses go). Thanks for the advice and the luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is beautiful! As far as a shawl goes, have you thought about the bridesmaids gifts yet? You could always give the shawls as a gift. I loved my florist, A Whole Bunch. They are located in Burlington. http://www.awholebunch.com/
    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marie. :) And it's so funny you mention A Whole Bunch, it's about a 30-second drive away from my house and I thought of them as a backup. Glad to hear they did a good job for you! I'll think about the shawl-as-gift idea too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails