Friday, November 18, 2011

Breaking Dawn is perhaps the greatest theater experience I've ever had and ever will have.

Please Google "Breaking Dawn" in images
to see the terrible fan art out there. This is
the official movie poster, believe it or not.
There is a good reason for midnight showings of movies, and tonight was one of them. I am not a huge fan of the Twilight book series. I think Bella is a terrible role model and abuse abounds throughout. BUT. This movie was just beyond words.

I have wondered since I read book four how they would go about THE SCENE. All of you who've read it know what I'm talking about. And let me tell you, the gag-inducing lovey-dovey-ness in the beginning was so worth sitting through for like the last half hour. THOSE MINUTES WERE GOLD. They left nearly NOTHING to the imagination and it was everything I could have possibly dreamed. I was so excited they didn't shy away from it that I was literally yelling in the theater, along with the rest of the audience. (Another great reason for midnight showings.)

One of my favorite things about this were the two ladies sitting to my right. They felt pretty much the same way I did, if I am to judge by their comments, and I honestly couldn't help but laugh and joke with them throughout the movie. My favorite was when Bella was arguing for keeping the baby, the woman next to me said "Bella, your body your choice!" and shook her fist at the screen.

Some parts were so ridiculous that I just had to giggle. I AM THE GRANDSON OF EPHRAIM BLACK. I AM THE GRANDSON OF A CHIEF.

I would also like to say that I TOTALLY called the exact moment of the ending. To the point where I feel a disproportionate amount of triumph.

All I can say is, I can't wait for the DVD so I can watch the unrated version. Next up: BREAKING DAWN PART II: NOT NEARLY AS AWESOME BUT TAHLEEN WILL WATCH IT JUST THE SAME.

P.S. In trying to find an appropriate image for this post, I discovered that there is a lot of really terrible fan art out there for this movie. Like, really really terrible. I decided on the not revealing but pretty image with no characters on it.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails