Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top Ten Authors I Want At My Thanksgiving Dinner





So yes, this week is my week over at The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday, but here is my list over on my own humble little blog anyway. It's word-for-word, but whatever. What if you don't follow both blogs??? :)



This week we're celebrating Turkey Day, Bookish style. Here are my top ten authors I would want to be at my table on Thanksgiving.

1. Bill Bryson. Duh. Number one, always. If you all know anything about me, you know that I want this man to be a member of my family/my best friend. I'm sure we would spend Thanksgiving listening to hilarious stories of Thanksgivings past, and learn a lot about the history of the holiday too, told in an entertaining manner of course.

2. Maureen Johnson. Another fun house guest I'd love to host. Things would not be boring, and my life would be richer for it.

3. John Green. If the Nerdfighter videos and his books are anything to go by, John Green would make another fun guest. Plus, he's already friends with Maureen Johnson, so they would know someone! :)

4. Libba Bray. Another one I've met in real life, and another lovely person who is also funny and a good conversationalist. Also, friends with John Green and Maureen Johnson. The banter would be never-ending and awesome. BTW, Libba, I would tell you if you had something in your teeth. ;)

5. Madeleine L'Engle. If she were still alive, I'd be honored to host her in my home. She and her books have made a huge impact on my life.

6. Jane Austen. Since I'm including authors who've passed on, what the hell. I love her books and she seemed like she'd be a real kick to have around, if her biographies are telling the truth. (I'm sensing a theme here—I like fun people.)

7. Sherman Alexie. I love his books, especially The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, and he seems like a really nice guy from what I've read of his personal writing and Twitter. (Have I mentioned how much I love Twitter? I love Twitter.)

8. Laurie Halse Anderson. I've actually met her before and can attest to her awesomeness first hand. She is a wonderful lady and I would love to have her at my table. Plus her books are pretty fantastic.

9. Veronica Roth. She is just so adorable.

10. Rebecca Rasmussen. Such a sweetheart. She always has the nicest things to say and would bring warmth to any gathering she attends.

It's too bad that my authors either are dead or have families of their own to spend Thanksgiving with. I hope you all have a lovely holiday with your family and friends! Enjoy the time around the table and with your loved ones.

5 comments:

  1. Dude. I am coming to your fictional Thanksgiving feast! Great mix!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! It sounds like it will be a crowded but cozy gathering, and the more the merrier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep getting madder and madder at myself for leaving John Green off my list! gah.

    Madeleine L'Engle is a great choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to talk to Madeleine L'Engle. So scientific and yet so spiritual.

    Here's my Top Ten: Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have at My Thanksgiving Feast. I hope you will stop by and sign up for my November Giveaway and my Gratitude Giveaway. I'm giving away two $25 Amazon gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libba Bray is really, indeed, a fun person! She's on my list this week too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails