Another Tuesday, another top ten list! This week's top ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is one I can certainly get behind: bookish resolutions. Yes, the new year has begun, and with it come goals we set for ourselves to make it a better year than the last. I have a few that have to do with reading—let's see if I can actually get up to ten.
1. Read more classics. So far this one is going rather nicely. I'm halfway through The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins, and I've started War and Peace by good ol' Leo Tolstoy. It helps that I now have a nook and, like a hundred classics that I downloaded for free when B&N was doing that awesome promo.
2. Don't get caught up in trying to maintain this blog to the point where it becomes a chore. I need to relax with this. It's supposed to be fun, not homework! I don't think I'll review every book I read, because then I'm going to feel like it's something I have to do instead of something I want to do. That said...
3. Try to review more MG books. I have been focusing too much on teen stuff lately. While this isn't a bad thing, I do love me some middle grade literature. I have so many good ones waiting to be read on my shelf, ones that I have had signed by the author. I even spoke to the authors at length at some point.
4. Read the following as soon as possible: Bamboo People by Mitali Perkins, The Red Umbrella by Christina Diaz Gonzalez, Chains and Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson. All among the authors I spoke to about their books/work (see above).
5. Start some YA and/or MG book clubs. I have taken steps toward starting one at the library I work at (in Lexington, MA) and at my Barnes & Noble (in Burlington). Please come if you see it advertised and you're in the area!
6. Read the books I take out of the library in a timely matter. Too often do I have to return books I've taken out because I haven't had the time to read them. Plus doing this puts all the other books I actually own on the back burner. Bad Tahleen.
7. Stop spending so much time online and more time reading. This one I'm doing a pretty good job of so far. You might have noticed my reduced Twitter activity. (But probably not. I'm no egoist haha.)
Honestly, that's all I can think of right now. So. Those are my lucky seven bookish resolutions. Head on over to The Broke and the Bookish to link to your own top... whatever.