Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Ten Places I Like to Read

Another Tuesday arrives, and with it a Top Ten Tuesday hosted by us crazy kids at The Broke and the Bookish. After you're done reading my fave places to read, this week's theme, then why don't you head on over there and link to your own list? And without further ado, these are the places I love to read the best.

1. My bed. Yes, I'm one of those people who likes to lounge around in bed at whatever hour of the day and read until I feel like taking a nap. And then I do. Because I'm on my bed.

2. The armchair next to the window in my family room. It is super comfy, and during the day I get natural light. At nighttime I can just switch on the lamp on the little table next to it, and also set down a cup of tea or hot chocolate or hot cider or whatever drink I might be drinking. (Wine too.)

3. The couch in the living room. This couch is right next to a huge picture window, and I love to prop myself up on the arm of it and read in the sunlight, especially during the summer. Now it's okay, but it's best when it's super sunny.

4. By the fire. Sometimes we put a fire in our fireplace, which is not automatic like Jamie's unfortunately, but still pretty nice.

5. Panera. Okay, so at my Panera they have a fireplace and it's awesome. I managed to snag one of the two tables next to it this morning while I was finishing up my homework and I felt super special. It's very cozy. Plus, free Wi-Fi when I want to surf the web.

6. True North Cafe. True North is an independent cafe in my hometown (Burlington, MA) and is in fact run by my brother's friend's mom, which is cool. Very nice atmosphere there, plus their food and coffee are yummy.

7. Starbucks. This is my go-to when I'm not sure where to go. Whenever I'm going to meet the boyfriend at his house and he's going to be late, I'll just head on over to Starbucks, get some tea and read until he's close to home. When I was abroad in London for a semester, I would walk to one of the, like, five or six in my immediate area (it was insane, there were so many) and read there.

8. Outside during the spring and summer. More during the spring, since it's not super hot yet. I love sitting outside, relaxing and reading in my backyard. I have to be on a chair though, since my yard's grass is terrible and patchy.

9. The library. It's not necessarily my favorite, since I work there, but there are pretty comfortable chairs that I can sit it, and I have to be there by necessity anyway.

10. With someone I love. Especially if I'm reading to them. I can't wait until I read to my kids. Yep, I'm going to be one of those moms who forces their kids to listen to bedtime stories. I did that to my brother when he was little too, and he hated it haha. BUT I MADE HIM LISTEN.

Those are my top ten, and yes I do realize the last one is not necessarily a place, but I ran out. I don't go a whole lot of places to read. (And I do realize I mentioned three separate coffee places, but cut me a break. They're all different and I go there for different reasons.)

What are your faves?

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had a fireplace to read by...that is just THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share a lot of the same places :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty jeal. that your Panera has a fireplace! Also jeal. about London. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Independent coffeehouses TOTALLY RULE when it comes to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OO great places. Never tried to read in Panera. Might. Love bed reading though. That's my favorite place indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im a new follower
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine isn't so much a where but a when - while it's raining. I love curling up on a couch, listening to the rain with a cup of tea or hot chocolate, and reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails